Accredited Installer Scheme
About the scheme.
The FIA has developed a new and unique approach in our Accredited Installer Scheme by combining three key aspects:
- risk reduction practices;
- continuing professional education via free quarterly seminars;
- free access to the FIA Arbitration Scheme to resolve any disputes.
The FIA enters into a partnership with its Accredited Installers – increasing market visibility and credibility, minimising risk and maximising profit.
Documentation for Installers
The commoditisation of cabling installation has led to its envelopment in general M&E contracts. However, the technical challenges faced have not reduced and tender processes used in the construction industry do not always reflect this complexity.
In the face of these trends increased support is required for:
the installer in the areas of:
- design and planning;
- field supervision and management;
- quality assurance to maximise the
profit margins available;
the client to target:
- on-time completion;
- reduced contract variations;
- avoidance of litigation;
- operational, maintainable and
The FIA believe it is incumbent upon them to define best practice in our industry and has continued to develop its AIS as the appropriate vehicle.