Approved Training Provider Scheme
The FIA requires any training organisation that delivers Core Units of the FIA Qualification Scheme to be an FIA Approved Training Provider.
In order to gain FIA Approved Training Provider status, the organisation shall meet the following requirements:
- Be an FIA Corporate Member (not applicable to recognised educational establishments);
- Employ at least one FIA Certified Trainer
- Commit to using only FIA Certified Trainers on course units leading to awards that are recognised within the FIA Qualification Scheme;
- Be either a City and Guilds Centre approved for the delivery and assessment of 3666 or 3662 series qualifications or willing to undergo and successfully complete an initial and subsequent annual audit by FIA QSD staff (an increased approval fee and annual renewal charge is applicable).
In addition, prospective FIA Approved Training Providers are required to:
- Submit an Application Form to the FIA;
- Undertake to comply with the FIA Qualification Scheme requirements (signed by an appropriate officer of the organisation);
- Accept FIA arbitration in the event of any dispute with a learner;
- Accept the authority of the FIA to inspect training facilities and materials as the FIA sees fit;
- Accept the right of the FIA to withdraw Approved Training Provider status from any organisation that the FIA deems not to be working in the spirit of the FIA Qualification Scheme;
- Provide a completed Renewal Application Form as received from the FIA every 12 months or as requested.
Take the first step
Download the application form for approved training providers and return to the FIA Secretariat.
Not City & Guilds Accredited?
Please fill out this audit template along with your application
For training providers WITH City & Guilds 3667 Or 3662 Accrediation
The initial fee payable to the FIA, upon submission of the Approval Application Form, is £200 + VAT.
There is also an annual renewal fee of £100 + VAT payable to the FIA, upon submission of the Renewal Application Form.
For training providers WITHOUT City & Guilds 3667 Or 3662 Accreditation
The initial fee payable to the FIA, upon submission of the Approval Application Form, is £445.00 + VAT.
There is also an annual renewal fee of £175.00 + VAT (under review) payable to the FIA, upon submission of the Renewal Application Form.
The additional fees cover the cost of the formal FIA QSD Audit – not required for those with City & Guilds accreditation.
Approved Training Provider Companies
LUCID OPTICAL SERVICES
Lucid Training Centre, Garsdale, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5PE, ENGLAND
Tel: +44 (0)1539 621219 Fax: +44 (0)1539 621205
TOTAL COMMS TRAINING
Centurion House, Barrows Road, HARLOW, Essex, CM19 5FN, ENGLAND
Tel: +44 (0)800 170 7007
Company e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOTAL NETWORK SOLUTIONS (EUROPE) LTD.
16 Brock Way, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 6AZ, ENGLAND
Tel: +44(0)1782 914001
CABLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRAINING SERVICES LTD.
The National Training Centre, LINCOLN, LN6 3QX
Tel: +44 (0)1522 880900